Best places to visit in surat city | tourist places in surat
Best places to visit in surat city | tourist places in surat – include Beach, Shopping mall, Nature Park, Aquarium, temples, Gardens, Water Park, Zoo, Science center, more exciting places. So please check out all these new beautiful places and know about its interesting history, timing, entry fees, what you do there, & why it is famous?
Yes, Here we are discussing the top 10 Best tourist Places to visit in Surat. But why are you directly going on it?
If we are going to any new location, firstly come to mind why we are going there? What are the famous things to do there? what is the history of that location?????
uff lots of more questions in mind…
So coming directly to the main of the Best places to visit in surat, first of all, we are discussing Surat history, What are the best things to do in Surat? What are the transportation facilities in Surat? Etc.
Also, read about: Top 10 Famous Places To Visit In Ahmedabad
Know About Surat – History, Famous things, Famous Food, Transportation Facilities:
Surat has been founded by Gopi named Brahmin. Firstly he gave the “Surajpur or Suryapur” name to Surat.
Surat is situated on the Tapi River, which is the daughter of the Sun.
In 1600 A.D., Chhatrapati Shivaji robbed Surat two times.
Valanda and the English also established their office in Surat city.
Why is Surat famous in India?
Surat is mainly known as “Diamond City of the World.” 90% of diamonds are polished in Surat; So It is called the main Empire house for Diamond cutting and polishing work. You can see lots of Diamonds and Gold selling stores when you pass through the city.
Surat is known as the Textile city of the nation or Silk city of India. It is famous for Cotton mills and Zari work. Surat is also the biggest centre for man-made Fibre production.
Surat has so many bridges, so it is also called “The City of Bridges”. There are total no. of 122 bridges* in Surat.
Surat is the First city in the IT sector in India, which is hosted by Dream-spark Yatra (a tech event) that is organized by the Ex-Microsoft student partner of India.
Clean Surat – Awards & Appreciations:
Surat is one of India’s cleanest cities. In the year 2017, it ranked 4th position in the cleanest city of India.
Still, Surat is considered in the top 15 cleanest cities.
“Swach Surat, Sundar Surat” is the tagline for Surat.
Best Street Foods in Surat:
During travelling in Surat city, you can’t regret Surati food.
Famous quotes saying “Kashi nu maran ne Surat nu Jaman” means “Dine in Surat and die in Kashi“. This quote proves how much delightful food you can experience in Surat.
Also, Read About: Best Tourist Places To Visit In Jaipur | Things To Do In Jaipur
In the Best Surati Food must taste Locho, Surati Sev-khamani, khaman, Tomato bhajiya, Khichyu, undhiyu, Ghari, and Ponk Wadas, etc. dishes when you are travelling in Surat.
Transportation in Surat:
In Transportation, the Surat railway station comes under the Western Railway Zone of the Indian Railways. More than 2 crores of passengers are travelling per year through the trains and it comes in 1st position in the cleanest station in big cities station. Surat is considered one of the cleanest cities in India.
From August 2017, Surat Municipal Corporation starts Surat BRTS – a bus rapid transport system in the city.
Surat International Airport located at Dumas road, which is 11 km far from Surat city. It is the 2nd busiest airport in Gujarat. You can travel to various cities like Mumbai, Kolkata, New Delhi, Jaipur, etc. from Surat airport.
Top 10 Best Places to visit in Surat City:
There are lots of visiting places available in Surat. Here we are providing some of the best places to visit in Surat city:
- Dumas Beach
- VR Mall
- Gopi Talav
- Ambika Niketan Temple (Ambaji Temple)
- Amaazia Water Park
- Sarthana Nature Park/ Zoo
- Jagdishchandra Bose Municipal Aquarium
- Dutch Garden
- Science center
- Sneh Rashmi Botanical Garden
1. DUMAS BEACH – Location, Story, Famous things & Images
Dumas Beach in Surat is a popular tourist place in South Gujarat. It is located 21 km far from Surat city. Dumas beach also spots in the Top-35 haunted places in India. The Dariya Ganesh temple is also located at the beach. It is the first choice among all the top 10 best places to visit in Surat.
Famous Food at Dumas beach:
There are several Bhajiya, Pav bhaji food stores, and Indian and Chinese food restaurants at Beach. Before reaching the beach, you can see the Lashkari tomato Bhajiya House, which is famous for various types of Bhajiyas.
What things to do at Dumas Beach?
Dumas Beach is one of the best places for a picnic. You can play cricket and many outdoor games there.
There are lots of small stalls on the beach so you can spend more hours without any tension for snacks.
The best time to visit is early morning and evening between 5 – 6 PM because of the sunset view.
It’s amazing to see a sunset and hear the sounds of waves at that time. Camel-ride, Horse-ride, and Bike-riding are also available for enjoyment.
Dumas beach is also the best place for photographers. You can shoot videos and take photos at any corner of the beach. So, must-visit with your friends & family.
Best Places to visit near Dumas Beach:
Some Years ago, PM Shri Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Surat International Airport near Dumas road. You can also see lots of Malls named Rahul Raj Mall, Central Mall, VR Mall, etc. before reaching Dumas beach.
How to reach Dumas Beach in Surat??
You can reach very easily by using various transport modes. It only takes half an hour to reach the location. There are lots of local transportation modes available in Surat for travelling.
2. VR Mall – Surat (Location, timing, things to know)
VR Mall is one of the best malls available in Surat. It was awarded as Gujarat’s most popular shopping centre for the year 2019.
It spreads in approximately 615 sq. feet of land area. Virtuous Retail Mall is South Asia’s chief destination Mall for local and global marketers in the field of foods, dealers, music, art, entertainment & culture.
Here you can find lots of branded shops like Adidas, OnePlus mobiles service centre, Louis Philippe, Home centre lifestyle, Bombay Dyeing, Tommy Hilfiger Kids, Jack & Jones, Raymond store, Calvin Klein jeans, Being Human, Pepe Jeans, Reebok, Nike, Spyker, Zara, etc.
For foodies, there are several dining stores in the mall likes 51 Rainbow ice cream, KFC, 99 Pancakes, Sugar n Spice, Coffee Culture, McDonald’s, Burger Kings, etc.
For Entertainment, You can see the London bus & Funky-monkey on the ground floor and a new indoor kid’s play zone, INOX multiplex, Praso play lounge on the third floor.
VR Mall also celebrates cultural, religious, and all other types of festivals and arranges public and private partnership programs.
INOX is India’s Chief destination cinema center for watching movies. See the latest Movie, review, schedule, and Location: Click here
So under a single roof, You can see branded clothing zones, food zones, kid’s zone, and also watch a movie. That is why VR Mall is the most popular and best mall in Gujarat. So, we are giving 2nd no. in our top 10 best places to visit in Surat.
VR Mall – Surat Location:
Dumas Road, Magdalla, Surat, Gujarat – 395007
VR Mall Timing:
All Days open from 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
3. Gopi Talav – Surat (History, Reconstruction, Location, Timing, and Entry fees)
Gopi Talav History:
Malik Gopi named Brahmin merchant and Governor of Surat during the Mughal Empire was built Gopi Talav in circa 1510 CE.
After 1674, this lake has turned dry and it is not used for any type of purpose.
In 2012, this lake was again renovated by Surat Municipal Corporation at a budget of Rs. 22 crores.
It spreads in around 90,000 sq. meters of land area, in that the lake covers almost 35,000 sq. meters. After the renovation, it was inaugurated by CM of Shri Anandiben Patel on 5th December 2015.
Gopi Talav has been divided into different zones for fun activities. Currently, Rajhans Entertainment named the company would develop an amusement park in it.
Its history, Attractions, Rides Make it unique in the Top 10 Best places to visit in Surat city list.
Best Attractions in Gopi Talav:
- A water body of 3.30 Ha.
- A Stepwell – Conservation
- Theme Parks
- Public Plaza
- Jogging track
- Open-air theatre
- Steps & Platforms
- food Court
- Water Activities – Boating
- Main Feature – Aeration fountain and utility block for the park
Best Rides in Gopi Talav:
- Bumper Car & Boats
- Bull Rides
- Kids Soft Play Area
- Trackless Train
- Mini Train
- Mini Drop Tower
- Wall Climbing
- Water Tricycle
- Kids Boats
- Zip Line
Gopi Talav Address:
Rustampura, Surat, Gujarat – 395002
Gopi Talav Timing:
All days open except Monday from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Gopi Talav Entry Fees:
For Kids: (Above 3 Years)
- Regular Days – Rs. 10/-
- Weekends Public/ Holidays Vacations Fees And Charges – Rs. 50/-
For Adult: (Above 10 Years)
- Regular Days – Rs. 20/-
- Weekends Public/ Holidays Vacations Fees And Charges – Rs. 100/-
4. Ambika Niketan Temple – Surat (History, Location, & Timing)
Ambika Niketan Temple – Ambaji temple is located nearer to the Tapi river bank. It was built in 1969.
There are several historical stories behind its built-up structure. But mainly this temple houses the idol of the Ashtabhuja avatar (eight hands) of Goddess Amba.
At the time of festival seasons especially in Navratri, the temple looks different and you can feel blessed in the temple.
It is daily decorated with fresh flowers and different decorative things.
There are lots of people rush to the temple from all around Surat and Gujarat.
Ambika Niketan temple is considered one of the popular and holy pilgrimage places of Gujarat from the top 10 best visiting places in Surat.
Ambika Niketan Temple – Ambaji Temple Address in Surat:
Parle Point, Athwalines, Surat, Gujarat – 395007
Ambika Niketan Temple – Ambaji Mandir Timing:
Open at 7:00 AM to 1 PM
Close at 1 to 3 PM
Reopen at 3 PM to 10 PM
See Location of Ambika Niketan Temple: Click Here
5. Amaazia Water Park – A Best amusement/ theme park in Surat:
Amaazia Water Park is a new amusement park in Surat, which was opened on 15th December 2016 by the CM of Gujarat Shri Vijaybhai Rupani.
The theme song for Amaazia Water Park is sung by Badshah – a famous rapper.
It is not only Water Park but also it is a theme park. It also has a clubhouse so you can enjoy the whole day there with your family and friends.
Amaazia Water Park is the best choice for summertime. Currently, some of the themes are not available because new themes are still in the developing condition for citizens. Still considering in Top 10 best places for travelling in Surat.
You can enjoy mainly three types of rides in it: “Thrill, Fun & Kids rides”
Type Of All Rides in Amaazia Water Park with Restriction parameter:
- Thrill rides:
- Fun rides:
The carnival Beach
- Kids rides: (above 4 years age kids)
- Wheel-chair (chargeable base)
- Lockers & Mobile phone charging point
- First-aid point
- Free Parking for Two-wheeler & Four-wheelers
Amaazia Water Park address in Surat:
Canal Road, Opp. Dumbhal Transport Godown, Subhash Nagar, Magob,
Parvat Patiya, Surat, Gujarat – 395010
Amaazia Water Park Timing:
It is open from 10:30 AM to 5.30 PM
Amaazia Water Park Entry Fees:
- Child: (Above 2 Years)
Weekdays (Except Holidays): Rs. 499*
Weekdays & Holidays: Rs. 599*
- Adult And Child:
Weekdays (Except Holidays): Rs. 599*
Weekdays & Holidays: Rs. 699*
- Senior Citizen:
Weekdays (Except Holidays): Rs. 499*
Weekdays & Holidays: Rs. 599*
- The Best part of Amaazia Water Park: For Group of Education institute students (min 50 persons)/ Corporate & MICE group(min 50 – persons)/ For Family & Social group (min 25 persons), Please call on 70291 70291 for more inquiry.
- Go to Amaazia on your birthday and get 50% off on tickets. (one Gov. ID proof required for verification)
- Wednesday Offer: Special discount on Wednesday, Get Tickets in Rs. 499 on every Wednesday.
- Unlimited fun
- Feel like a beach in your city
- Safe and secure facilities
- Cashless point
- King Kobra ride – best water slide ride – awarded as the best water coaster ride by IAAPI in 2017
- Amaazia Cabana (Room for relaxing)
- Do pre-wedding photo-shoot and birthday parties
6. Sarthana Nature Park & Zoo – (Location, Entry Fees, Timing, Image)
The Sarthana Nature Park & Zoo is located on Surat City’s northeast corner at Surat Kamrej Road.
The site has an area of 81 acres and on the north is the Tapi river, and on the south, there is the route to the Surat Kamrej.
This location is an excellent place to create a zoo with a new natural environment layout design.
In South Gujarat, no zoo existed before 1984.
The nature park was developed by Surat Municipal Corporation keeping in view the needs of the citizens of Surat city and surrounding villages (especially students of schools and colleges) to experience the wildlife.
Below are the goals and objectives of the Nature Park:
- To raise awareness among the tourists about wildlife
- For the breeding of endangered and endangered species locally, regionally, and worldwide
- To protect endangered species of wildlife
- For the protection of the natural environment
- To bring awareness to the masses
The Sarthana Nature Park & Zoo Address:
Nature Park is located on Surat Kamaraj Road and the left bank of the Tapi River, about 10 km from Surat city and 8 km from National Highway No.8.
The park is close to the railway station. It is 8 km away from Surat Railway Station and Central Bus Station.
The Sarthana Nature Park & Zoo Tickets (Entry fee per head):
- A person above 12 years of age – Rs. 30/-
- 3 -12 years Children – Rs. 20/-
- For 65 and above years of age person – Rs. 20/-
- Students from an educational institute – Rs. 10/-
- A special person such as women’s security centers, orphanages, physically and mentally ill institutes, community facilities, army staff – Free
- Children from SMC Primary/ Secondary School – Free
- Above 12 years of age Adult Foreigner with a guide map – Rs. 200/-
- 3-12 years Foreigner Children – Rs. 100/-
- A person with a Camera (per day) – Rs. 50/-
- A person with a Video Camera (per day) – Rs. 150/-
- For shooting – Rs. 5000/-
- Free on Wildlife Week for 3-12 years of children & on 5th June World Environment Day
List of Animals you can see in The Sarthana Nature Park & Zoo:
Lion, Tiger, Four Horned Antelope, Srowantiered Deer/Msnipur Deer, Chinkara, Black Buck, Wolf, Wild Ass. Hyena, Sloth Bear, Himalayan Bear, Emu, Hog Deer, Otter, Indian Wild Buffalo, Nil-gai, Samber, Lion-tailed Macaque, Spotted Deer, Hippo
Pelicans, Flamingo, Pheasants, Parrots, Stork, Crane, Cassowary, Cockatoo, Dove, Falcon, Lorry Dusky, Macow, Lorikeet Rainbow, Moorhen Purple, Peacock, Emu
Crocodile, Gharial, Tortoise, Python, Snakes
Under a single place, you can see all these animals, birds, & reptiles. We also called it the biggest zoo as per its surrounding area. So, we are putting it in our top 10 best places to visit in surat.
The Sarthana Nature Park & Zoo Timing:
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
When it is closed:
Zoo remains closed every Monday & the evening of Dhuleti, Mahoram & Ganesh Visarjan (Anand Chaudas) festivals.
- Shri Rajesh A. Patel,
- Smt. Hina A. Patel,
- Shri Prashant J. Joshi
7. Jagdishchandra Bose Municipal Aquarium – (Location, Timing, Entry Fees, & Main Attraction)
The existing aquarium Shyamprasad Mukherjee is an important part of the Zoological Gardens and is located in the Kasturba Gandhi Kindergarten, commonly known as Pakshig (Old Mini Zoo, Chowk Bazaar).
It includes a beautiful aquarium that contains 36 nos, 36 varieties of freshwater ornamental fishes, and clean and safe settings.
But the aquarium was destroyed in the 2006 floods.
The old aquarium could not meet the requirements of national and foreign standards and because it is not technically capable of seeing huge biological creatures, consideration was given to build a larger and more modern facility at Jagdishchandra Bose Park in Adajan.
Surat aquarium Location:
Adajan Hazira Road, Opp. STAR BAZAR, Surat.
Surat aquarium Timing:
- March to October: 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- November. to February: 10:00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
When it is close?
Only close for the visitors on the evening of Dhuleti, Mahoram & Ganesh Visarjan (Anand Chaudas) Festivals.
Surat aquarium Entry Fees:
1. Person (18-68 years) Rs.100/-
2. Children (3-17 years) Rs.40/-
3. Senior Citizen (above 6S years) Rs.60/-
4. Students from educational institute (3-17 years) Rs.40/-
5. Persons from women protection centre, orphanage, handicapped and mentally challenged institutes, juvenile homes, persons from Arm forces (irrespective Of age) Rs.20/-
6. Kids from SMC Managed primary Schools Rs.20/-
7. A person from WWF / person involved with the activities of environment protection Rs.60/-
8. Foreigner Children (3-17 years) Rs.200/-
9. Foreigner (18-68 years) Rs.400/-
10. Foreign Senior Citizen (6S- years & above) Rs.200/-
11. Clock Room ‘Locker Rs.20/-
12. Wheel Chair for handicapped – free
What you can see in the Aquarium:
- Fresh & brakish water
- Marine water section
- Shark pool
- Turtle touch pool
- Koi fish pond
- Whale shark skeleton
- Beautiful landscaping fountain & waterfall
8. Dutch Garden – Surat (Location, timing, entry fees)
Dutch Garden is situated in Nanpura and is one of Surat’s most famous tourist attractions. The well-planned and well-maintained garden has got a lot of history behind it to fascinate. The garden has been designed in a European style.
River Tapi flows on one side of the park contributes greatly to the park’s charm, making tourists rest and feel good.
Dutch Garden History:
Construction was started by the British in 1612 after the establishment of a trading factory in Surat by the Netherlands and the French. Surat became Gujarat’s main business town after 1852.
Meanwhile, some English and Dutch people came to Surat for their trade. They arranged a final place in the city for the businessmen who traded here and this place is now called the Dutch Garden.
Dutch Garden Address:
Dutch Garden Rd, Nanpura, Surat, Gujarat – 395001
Entry Fees: None
Dutch Garden Timing:
8 AM to 12 PM & 3 PM to 11 PM
9. Science Center Surat – (Location, Time, Entry fees, things to see)
Surat is considered the “Economic Hub” of Gujarat and India is one of the fastest-growing cities in India.
Surat is at the forefront of development in dynamic management with manufacturing, economic and creative development, new employment and wealth development, educational opportunities, streamlined environment, and dynamic management at both political and business levels.
What you can see in the science center?
- At the ground floor – 3D Theater
- On the first floor – Fun Science Exhibits
- On the Second floor – Diamond Gallery, Textile Gallery, Power of Play, Cosmos Gallery, and Polar Science Gallery
Science Center Address:
City Light Road, Maheshwari Cir, beside Shree Maheshwari Bhawan, Surat, Gujarat – 395007
Science Center Entry Fees:
Science Centre + Planetarium + Museum + Diamond Gallery
- Above 18 Years = Rs. 100/-
- 3 Years to 18 Years = Rs. 65/-
Science Centre + Museum + Diamond Gallery
- Above 18 Years = Rs. 60/-
- 3 Years to 18 Years = Rs. 40/-
Science Centre + Planetarium + Museum + Diamond Gallery + 3D Show
- Above 18 Years = Rs. 120/-
- 3 Years to 18 Years = Rs. 80/-
- Above 18 Years = Rs. 50/-
- 3 Years to 18 Years = Rs. 40/-
- Above 18 Years = Rs. 60/-
- 3 Years to 18 Years = Rs. 40/-
Science Center Timing:
9.30 AM to 4.30 PM
When it is closed?
Close on every Monday & National and Major holidays like Uttarayana, Republic Day, Mohuram, Dhuleti, Independence Day.
Science Center Contact No:
0261 2255946, 2255947, +91 9727740807
10. Sneh Rashmi Botanical Garden in Surat (know Entry fees, Timing, Location, History)
Surat, Gujarat’s commercial city, also has a lovely green face. The city, also known as Manchester of India. There is one such garden in Surat where there are more than 1000 plants called Sneh Rashmi Botanical Garden.
Other attractions are also available like a toy train, Columbus, Injector, Free Fall Jump, Rocket Space, Crazy Jump, and hot air balloon ride for enjoying in a garden. These all activities you can do in this garden. So, no doubt it’s again the best place for a weekend. that’s why it is listed in the Top 10 Best Places to visit in Surat city.
Things to know about Botanical garden surat:
In 2011, the then Chief Minister of Gujarat Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the Sneh Rashmi Botanical Garden.
The budget allocated for the garden was Rs 6.85 crore and the park occupies 1.40 lakh square meters. So it is the largest garden in the city in Surat.
The garden also has a greenhouse with a palm tree that features cactus plants of various types, shapes, and sizes. A small lake lies in the middle of the garden.
Botanical Garden Surat Entry Fees:
- For the age group between 12 and 64 years of age: Rs. 10
- For children between S and 12 years of age: Rs. 5 Entry
- For kids below 5 years of age and specially-abled is free.
- For senior citizens above the age of 64 years – Rs. 5
- For primary and secondary grade students: Rs. 2
- Camera Charges: Rs. 5 per camera
Botanical Garden Surat Location:
Ugat, Bhesan Rd, Jahangirabad, Surat, Gujarat – 395005
Botanical Garden Surat Timing:
10 AM to 10 PM (Monday closed)
How can you reach Botanical Garden Surat?
You can reach easily at thereby cabs, auto, and buses.
Which is the Best time to visit the Botanical garden Surat?
The best time to visit the garden is morning and evening for jogging.
Evenings are the perfect time to have a picnic and have fun. But the best time to visit the garden from September to February.
Conclusion: Best places to visit in surat
These are the Top 10 Best Places to visit in Surat city for tourists. If you want to travel to a surat city, you must above places.
You never get bore in Surat while traveling because Surat has lots of other beautiful places + more hotels & restaurants with 5-star facilities.
Hope You Like this. If you like please share your experience with us.