Places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh – New best places
Places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh: Arunachal Pradesh is considered one of the seven sisters And also one of the states which are located in the north-east of India. It means “land of down”. It also shares its border with Bhutan, Myanmar, and China in different directions. Let’s see in detail why Arunachal Pradesh is a favorite place to visit for tourists?
>> A Quick View About Arunachal Pradesh
- Capital:- Itanagar
- Language:- Nishi is the most common language here. However, they also speak English, Deori, Assamese, and Hindi including other tribal languages.
- Dial code:- +360
- Population:- roughly around 12.6 lakhs
- Area:- 83743 km sq.
>> History of best places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh
- It was founded as a state of India in the year of 1987. Initially, it was a union territory also known as The North-East Frontier Agency until 1972.
- Earlier, the state was divided into 17 districts but in the year 2013. New four more districts were created putting up with a total of 21 districts.
>> Why is Arunachal Pradesh Famous?
- It is famous for its pristine beauty and land full of lush green forests. That attracts many tourists here.
- It’s the land of tribal communities, the monastery cultures, and the high altitude mountains which adds its beauty.
- It’s well known for its flora and fauna in the world and famous for agriculture.
>> Things to do in Arunachal Pradesh
- Go for a trek in the mountains
- Exploring and wandering around the sela pass
- Pay a visit to a namdapha national park to spot the red pandas
- Trek to Valley valley
- Visit an ancient Hindu temple named malinithan.
- Enjoy the ziro music festival
- Visit the largest monetary Tawang in India.
- Rafting on kameng river
- Attend losar festivals at mechuka
- Taste a rice bear on pasighat during the festival.
>> How to visit the best places in Arunachal Pradesh
- By road:- it is easily reachable by road connection from all the prime cities and states. Different buses are available in many states. If you’re traveling from Gujarat then you can take the bus or private car to reach there.
- By rail:- many trains are available from the prime states like road transport. From your state, one can travel to the Harmuti train station in Assam which is the nearest station that is connecting to Arunachal Pradesh and its other cities as well.
- By air:- it is well connected to the main cities such as Kolkata, Guwahati, etc. From there you can reach the main airport in Assam and then 260 km away from it. One can take a car to drive to Arunachal Pradesh.
>> Best Places to Visit in Arunachal Pradesh
There several beautiful places to attract traveler’s sights.
- Tawang:- it’s a high-altitude town that offers a perfect combination of nature and culture in the lap of the mighty Himalayas.
- Sela pass:- It is a mountain pass that has an elevation of about 13,700 feet which is covered by snow throughout the year.
- Ziro valley:- it’s the beautiful picturesque valley located on the Himalayan foothills. Which is surrounded by rice fields, bamboo huts, and an energetic range of flora and fauna.
- Bomdila:- it’s a town where you can enjoy and take a glimpse of the unique culture and tradition.
- Dirang:- it’s one of the most popular destinations among all types of tourists to experience breathtaking views.
- Pasighat:- Famously known as a ” gateway of Arunachal” located along the river Siang valleys and in the Himalayas.
- Itanagar:- it’s the capital of Arunachal Pradesh famed for lively festivals, educational sites, and rich flora and fauna.
- Doing:- it means cool and refreshing. This downside at the riverbank includes the beauty of the town that shows calmness and aura to attract.
- Tezu:- it’s the hotspot for tourism in the state. Which is located on Mishmi hills.it also offers wildlife sanctuary to the traveler.
- Namdapha national park:- it’s one of the largest protected areas and the third-largest national park in India. It has an extensive range of wild species such as snow leopard, red panda, etc.
>> Top Attraction in Arunachal Pradesh
- Namdapha national park has preserved varieties of wildlife reserves such as tigers, red pandas, and many more.
- Tawang due to its picturesque town, high altitude, and scenic lakes.
- Sela pass is a sacred place amongst Buddhists and is covered with snow throughout the year.
- Nuranang waterfall is a perfect gift of nature to humankind due to its evening surroundings.
- Pankeng Teng tso lake has eye-catchy scenarios.
>> Best Tourist Places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh
- Bhagwan parshuram kund Hindu mandir
- Mehao lake
- Golden pagoda
- Kam lang wildlife sanctuary
- Daying ering wildlife sanctuary
- Sally lake, roing
- Taktsang Gompa
>> Must See Destination Places in Arunachal Pradesh
- Ziro Valley
- Sela pass
- Sangti bridge
- Hayuliang village
- Bumla pass
- Gorichen peak
- Madhuri lake
- Golden pagoda
>> Beautiful Cities to visit in Arunachal Pradesh
- Ziro:- It is named for the world heritage site due to its stunning natural beauty which is located at an altitude of 1500 meters above sea level. There are few beautiful places to visit such as follows:-
- Ziro Puto
- Kill pakho
- Meghna cave temple
- Dilopolyang Maniipolyang
- Tipi orchid research center
- Tawang:- It is famously known as ‘mon-yul’. It has been traditionally occupied by the monpa tribe which are still in majority. It has a rich culture and history.
- Tawang war memorial
- Bumla pass border
- Nuranang waterfalls
- Nagula lake
- Itanagar:- It is the capital of Arunachal Pradesh which is the major attraction due to the capital city as well as a beautiful cultural city.
- Ganga lake
- Ita Fort
- Itanagar wildlife sanctuary
- Jawaharlal Nehru state museum
- Bhalukpong:- Trekking in bhalukpong is getting famous day by day due to its immense beauty. The town is located 213 m above sea level.
- Pakhui wildlife sanctuary
- Bhalukpong fort
- Kaziranga national park
- Pasighat:- This little town is famous for its scenic beauty and hiking possibility. It is simply a task to reveal the treasure of nature by taking a walk.
- Daying ering wildlife sanctuary
- River Siang
- Kekar mounting
>> Interesting Facts about Arunachal Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh has 26 major and about 100 smaller tribal groups, which is the most diversified state of India.
- The bridge between Assam and Arunachal named Dhola-Sadia bridge is the longest river bridge in India.
- It has a lesser density of population roughly about 13 people per square meter.
- To visit Arunachal Pradesh, you need to have a special permit to even enter the inner line of the state whether you are from India or outside of the country.
- The official language of the state is English rather than Hindi or any major tribal language.
- Twang monastery is the largest and proud to have the one which is second largest in the world.
>> Best Time to Visit in Arunachal Pradesh
- One can visit this wonderful place during the summer between April to June. The temperature stays about 30 to 35 degrees Celsius and at night it drops about 20 to 25-degree celsius can give you a cooler effect.
- Monsoon is the best time to visit Arunachal Pradesh from July to September. At that time temperature ranges from 22 to 28 degrees Celsius.
- Caution:- A special permit or the Inner Line Permits (ILP) is required to enter Arunachal Pradesh for all domestic tourists too.
For More Details about the best places, you can also check Arunachal Pradesh official website.
Therefore, we conclude all the exciting and beautiful places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh. You visit snow-capped mountains in winter, enjoy the fresh spring breeze in summer, and hike in the beautiful meadows, do some great fun at some of the most famous places, visit all the old and ancient places, try the cuisine and visit the best places. What else do you need to get to the perfect vacation spot? So, don’t wait any longer. Plan your trip to Arunachal Pradesh and have the time of your life.