Statue of Unity Height | How to reach Statue of Unity
The statue of unity is a symbolic statue of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel. The person who united the States to make a one country India and also known as an ‘iron man’. He was the first deputy minister of India and the home minister of India after Independence.
The statue of unity is none other but it is the statue of Sardar Patel. It’s a tribute to the Indian leader Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel. As a mark of respect, it is located on the birthplace of Sardar Patel.
About Statue of Unity
Statue of Unity is the tallest statue till now about 182 meters in height. Leaving china’s spring temple buddha behind.
The idea of inaugurated the statue on Sardar Patel’s 143rd birth anniversary, on 31 October 2018. The monument is constructed on an Island sadhu bat which is about 12 km square lake had been created & It is 3.2km away from the Narmada dam in kevadia, district Rajpipla, Gujarat.
The statue is 100km away from Vadodara city and 150 km from Surat city.
“Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Rashtriya Ekta trust” A special trust has managed this place all things.
Reason to Build a Statue of Unity
They have basically intended to inspire generations and show the vision of patriotism, unity, and dream of Sardar Patel. Meanwhile, create growth and good governance for a country as well as create a feeling of patriotism and unity among the Indians. As our country shows ‘unity in diversity’.
Statue of unity located on the river facing the Sardar Sarovar dam on a Narmada in the kevadia colony.
District:- Narmada, State:- Gujarat
Opening days:- Tuesday to Sunday.
Opening hours:- 9:00 A.M – 5:00 P.M.
The Entry Fees are divided into 2 parts: Entry Fees & Observation Deck View.
- For adult:-
Entry ticket – ₹ 120
Observation deck view – ₹ 350
(₹ 30 bus charges)
- For children(3-15 years):-
Entry ticket – ₹ 60
Observation deck view – ₹ 200
(₹ 30 bus charges)
- For children below 3:-
Entry ticket – Free
Observation deck view – free
The observation deck view includes the valley of flowers, a memorial museum, an audio-video gallery, and a Sardar Sarovar dam.
For Booking Online Tickets: Click Here
Statue of Unity Height
The Height of the Statue of Unity is 182 Meters, which is equal to 597 Feet. So, It is considered the World’s Tallest Statue in the World.
Top 5 Tallest Statues in the World
- Statue of Unity – India: (182 meter)
- Spring Temple Buddha – China: (153 meters)
- Laykyun Sekkya Buddha – Myanmar: (116 meters)
- Guanyin of Nanshan – China: (106 meter)
- Emperors Yan and Huang Statue – China: (106 meter)
How to reach a Statue Of Unity
To visit the city, you have to travel 100 km from Vadodara, and 200 kilometers from Ahmedabad. And if you’re traveling from Mumbai, then it’s about 450 kilometers via road.
From Ahmedabad, your destination starts from NE 1 to NH 48/ NH 64. Then GJ SH 11 and GJ SH 63 to NH 953 in devaliya. And from there you can reach easily at that place.
From Vadodara take the route of GJ SH 11 to GJ SH 63. From there towards the statue.
From Mumbai follow NH 48 to GJ SH 64 to NH 53 in Rajpipla to the NH 953. And you’ll reach to the nod and from there head towards the statue of unity.
Statue of Unity design and construction
The responsibility of designing, engineering, constructing, operation, and maintenance was handled by India’s largest engineering company Larsen & Toubro.
Statue of Unity is designed by Famous Indian sculpturer name Ram V. Suthar, Who has been awarded by Padma Bhushan for over 40 monumental sculptures.
In the year 2013-2014, more than a lakh used tools and soil samples were collected from farmers as their voluntary contribution under the ‘Loha campaign’. About 109.17 metric tonnes of iron is converted to use in this project. Surveying technologies like light detection and ranging (LIDAR) and telescopic logging were used.
The statue of unity is a much larger replica of a statue made at ‘Ahmedabad international airport’. Initially, three models had been created measuring 3 feet (0.91 m), 18 feet (5.5 m), and 30 feet (9.1 m). After approval of the design, a detailed 3-D scan was produced for the basis of the bronze cladding cast. His Dhoti-clad, Legs, and the sandals designed thinner than the top for its stability purpose.
The Statue can withstand up to 180 km per hour wind and earthquakes measuring up to 6.5 on the Richter scale at the depth of 10 km and a radius of 12 km.
Statue of Unity made of use by 250 tonnes of mass dampers & a total of 22,500 tons of cement forms the inner core of the structure.
The statue of Unity is made of steel frame and reinforced concrete. For durability, they give bronze plating to the statue. It has a 153-meter high viewing deck able to hold 200 visitors at a time.
What you can see inside and outside of statue of unity
Inside the Sardar Patel statue, the government has built a 3-star hotel, shopping center, and a research center. High-speed elevator up to 400 feet which takes the chest level of the statue.
The list you can see inside the statue of unity
- Exhibition hall/museum and wall of unity.
- Laser light and sound show and audio video gallery.
- Sardar Patel memorial.
- Shopping centers.
The list you can see outside the statue of unity
- Helicopter ride of the surrounding.
- Sightseeing of shoolpaneshwar sanctuary and temple.
- Valley of flowers.
- Trekking in Zarvani eco-tourism.
- Bird watching.
- Tour of Sardar Sarovar dam.
Interesting/ Unknown facts about the statue of unity
- The statue of unity is the world’s tallest statue.
- It’s located between the Satpura and Vindhya ranges.
- Over 3000 workers and more than 300 engineers built the statue within 3.5 years.
- More than 129 tonnes of iron has been used to make.
- The Statue of unity’s bronze color will change into green in 100 years due to the corrosion process and natural factors. It will develop an effect of green patina.
- Four high-speed lifts fitted in the statue that can take people within 30 seconds to the height.
- The project was first announced on 7th October 2010.
- Iron collected through farmers as a donation has not been used in a statue. But, they used it in a gallery, bridge, and museum due to the uncertain quality of iron.
- Larsen & Toubro won the contract for the lowest bid.
- The statue of unity generated over 15,000 direct jobs to the local tribe of the village every year.
- It is not only the tallest statue in the world but the fastest to be completed within 33 months.
- The total height of the statue is 240 meters consisting of the base. The base level is about 58 meters and a statue of 182 meters.
The Nearest airport from the Statue of unity
The nearest airport to the statue of unity is Vadodara which is 90 kilometers away from the statue. One can take a cab or any public transport to reach the statue.
The Nearest railway station from the Statue of unity
Like the airport, the nearest railway station is also in Vadodara. And one can take a cab or public transport to reach the statue.
The Nearest hotels from the statue of unity
- Hotel ramada encore(5 km away):- With a swimming pool, gym, spa, wifi, and many more.
- Narmada tent city (10km away):- To experience air-conditioned Tent which is expensive.
- The Shreshtha Bharat Bhavan:- 3- star hotel with all modern amenities and cafeteria.
The Nearest City from the statue of unity
Rajpipla in the Narmada district is the only nearest city to the statue. It’s about 25 km away from the statue.
So, here I give all Guide about the statue of unity. I hope it could be useful for you.
Happy and safe journey!
Also, Read About: 101 Best Travel Tips