gomateshwara statue height-bahubali statue karnataka
Have you seen the movie Bahubali? I know, you must have seen that. But have you heard of the statue of Lord Bahubali (gomateshwara statue height), which is 57 feet tall? 75% of people vote NO. So, in this full article, we are giving information about (Bahuballi statue) the Gomateshwara statue height, location, and more details.
Basic information about Gomateshwara Statue height:-
Gomateshwara temple is the world’s tallest monolithic statue carved out of a single stone of granite about 57 feet (17 m) in height. It is located on Vindhyagiri at shravanbelagola in Karnataka. It is a symbol of peace, non-violence, sacrifice, and simple life that followed by Jainism. The statue is dedicated to the Jain figure bahubali. It depicts the prolonged meditation posture of bahubali. It is also known as a bahubali statue.
Gomateshwara Statue History:-
It was built in 981 A.D and one of the largest free statues in the world. The first Tirthankara of Jainism name Rishabhanatha and the younger brother of Bharata chakravartin. He sat in a state of meditation for about 12 years. And during that time creepers grew around his legs. After all these years, he got – Omniscience (means Kevala Gyana).
The statue was built by the Ganga dynasty minister and commander chavundaraya.
Vindhyagiri hills are one of the two hills in shravanbelagola. The other one is Chandragiri which is a seat of several ancient Jain centers much older than a Gomateshwara statue. It is said that this border is protected by the bahubali Bhagwan, Which is the home of 2300 years of Jain heritage.
Gomateshwara Statue Location:-
Bhagwan bahubali statue, karkal, Shravanbela Gola (Rural), Hassan district, Karnataka, 573135.
Gomateshwara Statue Height:-
Gomateshwara statue height is about 57 feet (17 m) that situated above the hill of Shravanabelagola. It is also be seen from a distance of 30 km.
The Height of the Gomateshwara Statue in the meter is 17 meters.
Also, Read About: Statue Of Unity Height | How To Reach Statue Of Unity
Structure of Gomateshwara Statue:-
The image of the Gomateshwara statue has 57 ft in height, curly hair, ringlets, and large ears. Its eyes are open like he is viewing the world with detachment who get nirvana.
Her facial features are perfectly carved with a soft touch smile on the corner of her lips that describe the peace and inner serenity. The shoulders are wide, and the arms are stretched straight down. The figure has no support from the thighs upwards.
There is an art in the background and suggest penance. This gives rise to snakes and vines that are cotton around the legs. The entire figure shows the attained nirvana form with a standing posture.
Best time to visit Gomateshwara:-
October to April is the best time to visit this enormous place. Because in this time heavy rainfall occurs in this region, and winter months are also the best to visit. These are cold months and make it easy for visitors to visit the statue and the temple.
Famous for what?
The statue is famous for its massive structures that are carving out of huge monolithic rock. 57 feet height is the main reason, why Gomateshwara Statue is famous. It’s the statue of Jain diety. And also famous for the different ceremonies and Mahotsav held. It’s famous as a Jainism source.
Also, Read About: 101 Best Travel Tips
Entry fees and time:-
- Gomateshwara Statue Entry timings:- 6:00 A.M to 5:30 P.M (Sunday to Saturday)
- Gomateshwara Statue Entry fee:- INR 200
How to reach Gomateshwara Statue:-
- Reach by air – The airport of Bengaluru is well connecting to the big cities like Ahmedabad, Surat, Mumbai, Delhi, Bhopal, Coimbatore, Chennai, Jaipur, Kolkata, etc. From there you can drive a four and half-hour using public transports or private transports.
- Reach by train – The railway station of shravanbelagola named shravanbelagola railway station is also connecting to well-known cities like Mangalore, Pune, Bhopal, Lucknow, Kanpur, Nasik. From there you can drive using public transports or private transports.
- Reach by road – Shravanbelagola is 18 km from hirisave, 51 km from Hassan, 80 km from halebidu, 83 km from Mysore, 89 km from Belur, 157 km from Bangalore, and 221 km from Mangalore. You can reach through Karnataka state road transport corporation and some private travel services.
Nearest places to visit:-
There are many stunning places to visit in shravanbelagola.
- The Ghati Subramanya temple
- Vindhyagiri temple
- Chandragiri hills
- Bandipur forest reserve
- Sri Rama Devara Katte waterfalls
- Cauvery fishing camp
- Chamundraya basadi
- Trikutachala Vindhya Giri
- Bhandara basadi
- Akhanda bhagilu
It will take only a full day to visit all the historical monuments. And it will take an extra 1-2 days if you want to visit a little more.
You May Also Read About: Top 10 Famous Places To Visit In Ahmedabad
The nearest airport to Gomateshwara Statue:-
Bengaluru international airport. is the nearest airport to the Gomateshwara statue in Bangalore in Karnataka.
The nearest railway station to Gomateshwara Statue:-
Bangaluru is the nearest railway station to the Gomateshwara statue. Trains like Kudla express and Hassan intercity express.
The nearest hotel from Gomateshwara Statue:-
- Ratna forever with all the basic amenities and free wifi (7.4 km far away from the statue.)
- Angels Avenue (2.7 km far away from the statue.)
- Sanjana service apartment ( 3.5 km far away from the statue.)
- Hosamane (12.6 km far away from the statue.)
- Golden residency ( 13.5 km far away from the statue.)
In 2007, the Times of India voted the statue of Gomateshwara as one of the Seven Wonders of India.
There are many interesting places around this magnificent ancient statue.
So, here is some detailed information about the Gomateshwara statue. I hope you would love to visit there.
If you guys have more information about this place, suggest it to me in the comment section.
For More Official details check this link – http://mahamasthakabhisheka.com